Improving the community’s quality of life
- Oversees all aspects of service, community, and external programs that would support our Pensacola community in efforts to be a better place to live, work, and play.
- The Vice President of Community Impact oversees the Chair of Community Service, the Chair of Quality of Life, the Chair of Community Development, and the Chair of Community Impact Marketing in all of their efforts and programs. The Vice President of Community Impact will assume the duties of these Chairs if the Chair position is vacant.
- Manage an ongoing nonprofit partnership program to serve a select group of nonprofits each year that will help support the overall mission of PYP.
- Develops programs to engage the board in fundraising activities that will equip board members to share the PYP story with our community and feel empowered to be active board members on other nonprofit boards.
- Takes a leading role in developing a signature event to support long term sustainability of PYP.
Responsibilities of the Board
The mission of Pensacola Young Professionals is to develop, retain, and connect young professionals to the community and each other.
As the highest leadership body of the organization and to satisfy its fiduciary duties, the board is responsible for:
- determining the mission and purposes of the organization
- strategic and organizational planning
- ensuring strong fiduciary oversight and financial management
- fundraising and resource development
- approving and monitoring the organization’s programs and services
- enhancing the organization’s public image
- assessing its own performance as the governing body of the organization
Responsibilities of Individual Board Members
Each individual board member is expected to:
- Know the organization’s mission, policies, programs, and needs
- Faithfully read and understand the organization’s financial statements
- Serve as active advocates and ambassadors for the organization and fully engage in identifying and securing the financial resources and partnerships necessary for the organization to advance its mission
- Help identify personal connections that can benefit the organization’s fundraising and reputational standing, and can influence public policy
- Prepare for, attend, and conscientiously participate in board meetings
- Participate fully in one or more committees
- Eagerly communicate with PYP members—new and established—to solicit their ideas and help them become/remain actively engaged in the organization
- Raise any general membership matters at board meetings or to the President or President-Elect when necessary
- Evaluate each event and program at its conclusion and provide feedback for improvement.