Quality of Life Team
About the Team:
The Pensacola Young Professionals Quality of Life Team examines local issues in our community such as poverty, education, health, environment, and housing.
The goal of this team is to identify community conditions affecting quality of life, acquire adequate education on the issues, and determine a plan of action that the Pensacola Young Professionals can pursue in order to make a difference. The QOL Team works closely with many local charities and our area school system.
Message from the Team Chair:
Want to become a “mover and shaker” in the community? Get involved with QOL! 2013 was a busy, busy year! Thank you to all our members that have volunteered their time. Not only are we making a difference, we are also having fun! In 2014 I want this to be “Your Quality of Life Committee.” . Let’s engage with organizations that fit with the PYP mission, and that are of particular importance to you or have had an impact on your life. So most importantly you are need our PYP members, are needed to attend and get engaged in our meetings. Bring you ideas, and share what you want to change or improve in the community.
Below is a list of the types of activities that the Quality of Life Team participates in on a regular basis. We are ready to hear new ideas from our members.:
- Cook and serve dinner to families in the Bridges to Circles program
- Cook brunch for families at the Ronald McDonald House
- Assist in the building of a home with Habitat for Humanity
- Volunteer at Art in the Park with the Pensacola Museum of Art
- Volunteer at City of Pensacola Parks & Recreation Events
- Teach students the fundamentals of business with Junior Achievement
- Volunteer at Day of Caring with United Way
- Volunteer at Corks n’ Canvases fundraising event with Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Volunteer at Global Academy with United Way’s Emerging Leaders’ Society
- Volunteer at Fill a Bowl and Pick a Bowl fundraising events with Manna Food Pantries
Please visit our PYP calendar for upcoming events. I look forward to seeing you at our next event.
If you have questions regarding the QOL team or upcoming events, feel free to contact me.
Meets: Last Wednesday of the Month (please check Event Calendar for details.)
Place: Fish House
Chair: Jon Pytynia