Quality of Life Team
About the Team:
The Pensacola Young Professionals Quality of Life Team examines local issues in our community such as poverty, education, health, environment, and housing.
The goal of this team is to identify community conditions affecting quality of life, acquire adequate education on the issues, and determine a plan of action that the Pensacola Young Professionals can pursue in order to make a difference.
Message from the Team Chair:
Want to become a “mover and shaker” in the community? Get involved with QOL! We’ve had a busy, busy year! Thank you to all our members that have volunteered their time. Not only are we making a difference, we are also having fun!
Below is a list of the types of activities that the Quality of Life Team participates in on a regular basis:
- Cook and serve dinner to families in the Bridges to Circles program
- Cook brunch for families at the Ronald McDonald House
- Assist in the building of a home with Habitat for Humanity
- Volunteer at Art in the Park with the Pensacola Museum of Art
- Volunteer at City of Pensacola Parks & Recreation Events
- Teach students the fundamentals of business with Junior Achievement
- Volunteer at Day of Caring with United Way
- Volunteer at Corks n’ Canvases fundraising event with Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Volunteer at Global Academy with United Way’s Emerging Leaders’ Society
- Volunteer at Fill a Bowl and Pick a Bowl fundraising events with Manna Food Pantries
If you have not been able to volunteer, don’t worry, we have plenty of opportunities in the pipeline!
Please visit our PYP calendar for upcoming events. I look forward to seeing you at our next event.
If you have questions regarding the QOL team or upcoming events, feel free to contact me.
Meets: Last Wednesday of the Month (please check Event Calendar for details.)
Place: Fish House
Chair: Crystal Barrett